This fast weeknight Hen and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry is highest for spring, made with lean rooster breast, asparagus, recent lemon, garlic and ginger.
Hen and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
Hen stir fry nights occur incessantly in my area! I upload any greens I’ve available and check out to make use of greens which are in season. I like the asparagus and lemon combo right here, it’s highest for Spring! It’s nice over brown rice or cauliflower rice to make it a meal.
This low-calorie dish has been so standard on Skinnytaste since posting it long ago in 2014, I determined to exhibit it these days now that asparagus season is right here!
I used a reduced-sodium Eastern soy sauce referred to as Shoyu which has similarities to Chinese language soy sauce, however has a extra complete bodied flavored and a slightly of sweetness that I’m truly in love with. I love Eden, which is natural and non-GMO. You’ll use both one. We served this over brown rice to finish the meal.
Hen Stir Fry Guidelines and Diversifications:
- I at all times peel and freeze my recent ginger in a ziplock bag. It assists in keeping for a couple of months and it makes it more uncomplicated to grate. You’ll additionally purchase grated ginger in a tube.
- To make it gluten-free, use Tamari instead of soy sauce.
- To make this Complete30 compliant you’ll change the soy sauce for coconut aminos (affil hyperlink) and the cornstarch for arrowroot powder or tapioca starch.
- Change the asparagus for broccoli, mushrooms, snap peas, or a mixture of veggies.
Extra Hen Stir Fry Recipes
Hen and Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry
This fast rooster and asparagus stir fry made with rooster breast, recent lemon, garlic and ginger is the very best speedy weeknight dish.
- 1 1/2 kilos skinless rooster breast, lower into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt, to style
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium rooster broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium shoyu or soy sauce (Coconut aminos for GF, W30)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (arrowroot powder or tapioca starch for entire30)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, lower into 2-inch items
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp recent ginger
- three tablespoons recent lemon juice
- recent black pepper, to style
- Flippantly season the rooster with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix rooster broth and soy sauce.
- In a 2d small bowl mix the cornstarch and water and blend smartly to mix.
- Warmth a big non-stick wok over medium-high warmth, when sizzling upload 1 teaspoon of the oil, then upload the asparagus and prepare dinner till tender-crisp, about three to four mins.
- Upload the garlic and ginger and prepare dinner till golden, about 1 minute. Put aside.
- Build up the warmth to excessive, then upload 1 teaspoon of oil and part of the rooster and prepare dinner till browned and cooked thru, about four mins on each and every facet.
- Take away and put aside and repeat with the remainder oil and rooster. Put aside.
- Upload the soy sauce combination; convey to a boil and prepare dinner about 1-1/2 mins.
- Upload lemon juice and cornstarch combination and stir smartly, when it simmers go back the rooster and asparagus to the wok and blend smartly, take away from warmth and serve.
Yield: four servings, Serving Measurement: 1 1/four cups
- Quantity According to Serving:
- Freestyle Issues: 1
- Issues +: 6
- Energy: 268 energy
- Overall Fats: 7g
- Saturated Fats: g
- Ldl cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 437mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 41g
All photographs and textual content ©