This wholesome, summer season Chickpea Salad with cucumbers and tomatoes is superb for lunch or as an aspect dish with anything else you’re grilling!
I’m all the time yearning chickpeas, it’s my favourite legume and I simply can’t get sufficient! I toss them in any salad I devour for extra protein. Some chickpea salad recipes on rotation in my area, this Greek Chickpea Salad which is superb for meal prep, this simple Chickpea Egg Salad and this Chickpea Tuna Salad.
With summer season cucumbers and tomatoes in season, I make this salad at all times. It’s a perfect facet dish to convey to a BBQ, picnic or yard collecting, merely double (as pictured right here) or triple the recipe.
The most efficient section about this salad is it takes only some mins to make, and as it makes use of canned chickpeas, there’s no cooking.
Can I devour chickpeas from the can?
Canned chickpeas are already cooked and in a position to serve. This makes them so handy to stay readily available when you wish to have so as to add a handy guide a rough protein to salads.
Are chickpeas excellent for weight reduction?
In the event you’re following a Weight Watchers vitamin, you most likely already know chickpeas are zero issues. They’re a wealthy supply of nutrients, minerals and fiber, and are top in protein and make a very good alternative for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
- You’ll regulate this recipe with grape or cherry tomatoes, or use a mixture.
- Including bell peppers, Kalamata olives and feta cheese will give this salad a Greek impressed twist.
- Upload diced avocado for some wholesome fat and creaminess. If making this for a celebration, upload it simply prior to serving.
- Don’t like chickpeas? Switch them out for white canned beans.
This wholesome, summer season Chickpea Salad with cucumbers and tomatoes is superb for lunch or as an aspect dish with anything else you might be grilling!
- 2 1/four cups diced cucumbers, partly peeled
- 1 cup diced, seeded tomato
- 1/four cup diced crimson onion
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
- half tablespoon minced contemporary parsley
- 1 tablespoon additional virgin olive oil
- half teaspoon kosher salt and pepper, to style
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and tired
Double or triple recipe to feed a bigger crowd. See permutations in notes above.
Serving: 1beneficiant cup, Energy: 182kcal, Carbohydrates: 29g, Protein: 6g, Fats: fiveg, Saturated Fats: zero.fiveg, Polyunsaturated Fats: zerog, Monounsaturated Fats: zerog, Trans Fats: zerog, Ldl cholesterol: 29mg, Sodium: 464mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 2g
Freestyle Issues: 1
Issues +: five
Picture credit score: Jesse Larson