The Cayman Islands tourism business has confronted disruption in more than a few bureaucracy all through its historical past, from herbal failures, world financial recessions, to world crises; and has confirmed resiliency which has led restoration and long run successes. Now, with the legitimate release of the Ministry and Division of Tourism’s complete strategic tourism reinvention plan named The Highway Again to 500Ok (RB5), a blueprint has been laid for the phased go back of tourism as the rustic strikes to a brand new commonplace in a post-pandemic global of trip.
The Honorable Deputy Premier and Minister for Tourism, Mr. Moses Kirkconnell, introduced the RB5 nowadays. The plan goals to be a strategic pivot from the principle tenets of the Nationwide Tourism Plan (NTP) 2019 – 2023. The NTP was once followed in February of this 12 months, simply previous to the onset of pandemic reaction within the Cayman Islands which successfully ceased tourism operations in March. On the other hand, each the RB5 and the NTP have been designed with the similar foremost purpose: to steer tourism successfully, safely, responsibly, and sustainably, now and into the long run.
The RB5, advanced via intensive collaboration with personal sector stakeholders, govt companions and in-depth marketplace analysis, identifies 4 precedence spaces that can information the tourism sector to its go back as a significant pillar of the Cayman Islands economic system. This tourism restoration technique addresses the best way to stabilise companies; create new alternatives for displaced tourism workers; and creates a plan for the following two to 3 years, specializing in 4 priorities:
- Reinvent for Readiness: determine present stakeholder demanding situations and increase the most productive methodologies to reactivate the tourism sector in an efficient and environment friendly go back to be a best pillar of the economic system.
- Stimulate the Home Financial system: determine methods to undoubtedly have an effect on the rustic via home tourism because the Cayman Islands transitions in the course of the stages of the COVID-19 disaster to restoration.
- Regain World Marketplace Self belief and Marketplace Proportion: intensive world advertising and marketing and promotions of the most productive practices and methodologies installed position to make sure the Cayman Islands tourism services and products are running with the easiest protection and sanitation requirements for lodging, occasions, dive, excursions and sights, transportation, and culinary studies.
- Bolster Long run Tourism Sector Employment: this adaptation technique will increase new definitions of roles inside the business, together with the essential retraining of tourism execs to evolve to a brand new manner of running within the tourism marketplace.
“The trade of tourism is an undeniably robust sector, encompassing a plethora of industries which might be immediately tourism-based in addition to those who feed into the business via quite a lot of services and products,” stated The Hon. Minister Kirkconnell. “I’m assured that the RB5 plan supplies one of the simplest ways ahead for a purposefully paced financial restoration that can see the rustic progressively go back to the milestone years of record-breaking stayover and cruise visitation. This shall be achieved in a phased way that comes with growing extra alternatives for Caymanians to be a part of our tourism business, embracing the chance to rebalance the group of workers from majority paintings allow holders to having extra smartly educated and extremely certified Caymanian faces turning in the Caymankind customer support we’re identified for as a Caribbean vacation spot. We have now observed the hardship brought about for the greater than 1,500 Caymanians who’ve devoted their lives and livelihoods to this business, lots of whom have been confronted with incredible financial hardships as soon as the tricky resolution was once made to near our borders. It’s our accountability now to pressure efforts such because the RB5 and the NTP to ship some great benefits of this exceptionally smartly controlled and sustainable tourism building plan are a pathway for long run good fortune.”
Whilst led by means of the Ministry and Division of Tourism, all levels within the building of RB5 incorporated session and collaboration all through govt and personal sector to make sure the plan has the broadest and maximum complete have an effect on for the folk of the Cayman Islands and the tourism group. This incorporated:
- Sector surveys for home economic system stakeholder comments
- Conferences with the lodging, dive, and sights sectors
- Conferences with the Cayman Islands Tourism Affiliation and Chamber of Trade
- Collaborations with the Public Transportation Board and Lodge Licensing Board on suggestions to give a boost to the tourism business
- Growing sanitation pointers for the tourism sector to securely welcome guests again
Specializing in the way in which ahead to methodically reopen the business because the borders reopen, RB5 supplies a managed, phased way, outlining absolute best practices, new protocols and procedures, and significant coverage issues that can information the Ministry and Division of Tourism, govt entities, and all tourism stakeholders to good fortune.