- Qatar Airlines to renew Doha to Sofia flights.
- Qatar Airlines will use Airbus A320 airplane on Qatar to Bulgaria course.
- There’s a “sturdy call for” for flights between Doha and Sofia.
Qatar Airlines marked a milestone in its historical past with Bulgaria, celebrating 10 a success years since its first flight between Doha and Sofia Airport (SOF) on 14 September 2011.
The carrier is these days operated by means of Qatar Airlines’ trendy Airbus A320 that includes 12 seats in Industry Magnificence and 120 seats in Economic system Magnificence. All have the benefit of the well-known Oryx One on-demand in-flight leisure device.
Qatar Airlines’ Team Leader Govt, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, stated: “We now have lengthy been proud to serve Bulgaria and fasten this gorgeous nation with our world course community. I knew after we first started flying to Sofia that this was once the beginning of a robust and enduring courting. Through the years we’ve got witnessed the advantages of our products and services to Bulgaria that reach way past our project of bringing folks in combination. Our flights have enabled vacationers from world wide to revel in Bulgaria’s hospitality and cultural historical past whilst supporting the export of Bulgarian merchandise to out of the country markets.
“This is a testomony to each sturdy call for and our deep dedication to the rustic, that we’re set to recommence direct flights between Doha and Sofia, from December this yr.”
Sofia Airport’s Leader Govt Officer CEO Jesus Caballero stated: “We’re extraordinarily glad that we’re serving the Doha to Sofia course with our spouse Qatar Airlines. It lets in industry and recreational shoppers to discover our stunning capital of Bulgaria or the beach towns of Varna and Bourgas because of the codeshare between Qatar Airlines and Bulgaria Air with flight connections from Sofia. Our long-term partnership with Qatar Airlines manner such a lot to us and we look ahead to strengthening it particularly in 2022 when the FIFA International Cup™ will happen in Qatar.”
The flights have additionally helped spice up Bulgarian industry connections over the last decade and these days Qatar Airlines Shipment gives greater than 10 heaps shipment capability every week, every approach on flights running at the course.
Qatar Airlines milestones in Bulgaria:
- 2011 – The airline started flying to Sofia 4 instances every week by way of Bucharest, Romania the usage of an A320.
- 2012 – Higher flights to 5 instances every week.
- 2014 – Get started of day-to-day carrier between Sofia and Doha.
- 2015 – The flights had been tagged with a quit in Belgrade, Serbia.
- 2016 – Direct flights started expanding to double day-to-day prior to the beginning of the pandemic.
- 2020 – March, Qatar Airlines indicators a codeshare settlement with Bulgaria Air.
- 2020 – October, flights resume post-Covid 19, as a tag on carrier with Bucharest, Romania.
- 2021 – From 16 December, flights are set to run continuous once more from Doha to Sofia, 4 instances every week.
Bulgaria has positioned a robust emphasis on an environmentally accountable restoration from the pandemic, and Qatar Airlines similarly acknowledges the significance of environmental management to avoid wasting our planet. The airline is repeatedly exploring sustainable approaches to aviation, and its investments in essentially the most fuel-efficient airplane – together with the Airbus A350 and Boeing 787 – underscore Qatar Airlines’ dedication to reaching internet 0 carbon emissions by means of 2050.
Present Sofia Flight Agenda: 7x every week (native timings)
Doha (DOH) to Sofia (SOF) QR 395 departs: 08:30 arrives: 15:35 (one quit in Bucharest for one hour)
Sofia (SOF) to Doha (DOH) QR 396 departs: 16:35 arrives: 23:15 (one quit in Bucharest for one hour)
Sofia Flight Agenda From 16 December: 4x every week continuous (matter to affirmation)
Doha (DOH) to Sofia (SOF) QR 227 departs: 07:30 arrives: 11:35 continuous
Sofia (SOF) to Doha (DOH) QR 228 departs: 12:35 arrives: 18:15 continuous